Carthage Innovative Swine Solutions, LLC
The Research Associate is responsible for assisting the Research Managers in conducting trials at farms, following company standard operating procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs work necessary in support of the Research Managers in data collection including weighing, treatment assignment, and feed collections
- Assist with finding research articles, performing literature reviews, and writing grants
- Communicates with the farm manager and farm team members
- Assists with intern visits in helping them to learn swine production and research
- Participates in Research Team meetings
- Ensures that projects meet Animal Care requirements
- Manages alarms or emergencies as they occur
- Execution of research protocols during weekend as needed
- Supports the Research Team to continually improve processes and efficiencies, as well as, the company business plan and personal work goals
- Adheres to the company’s confidentiality protocol
- Follow farm SOPs and research protocols
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Requires knowledge of scientific research methods and standards.
- Prior research experience is highly recommended.
- Prior experience with pig management and animal husbandry is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs is required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Animal Science preferred, AND
- Prior research experience, OR
- 1-2 years of swine production experience preferred, OR
- Any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience